Subject: Regular Expressions

Hi All,

I'm starting work on my regex action item. I'm slightly confused though. I'm confused by what is needed. Once again, we are short on requirements. What I have to go on is "regex APS addressing: via regex in 'apsid' and/or 'name'.

That one line description however, doesn't seem to match our user requirements all that well.

So, here are our user requirements:
- finding all APS (grobject, para, subpara)
- finding APS which have a given substring in its 'id'.
- finding APS which have a given substring in its 'name'.
- finding APS which have a 'name' attribute.
- finding APS which do not have a 'name' attribute.
- finding APS which have a tip equal to a given string.
- finding APS which have a tip different than a given string.
- finding APS which have a tip containing a given substring.
- finding APS which have a tip.
- finding APS which do not have a tip.
- finding APS which have a given attribute equal to a given string.
- finding APS which have a given attribute different than a given string.
- finding APS which have a given attribute containing a given substring.

We also have some text searching requirements, but I think the group has agreed to leave that viewer dependent.

I'd first like to know what people had in mind when talking about regex? Was it id/name only? Or something along the lines of what is seen above?

Thanks,
Benoit.