Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Agenda for telecon

At 07:13 AM 11/6/2007 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>Here's the agenda for the telecon Wednesday, Nov 7.
>
>Stuart and I are in LA for ATA meetings, but will be on the telecon.

One key agenda items is:

[[[
WebCGM 2.1 requirements document
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25996/WebCGM_21_Requirements.html

1.      Is the format OK?
2.      Animation as 3 separate requirements?
3.      Use cases?
]]]

I have an idea and a suggestion.

The suggestion:
----------
We should assign an AI to each TC-er.  A couple of rqts items for each
AI.  The AI would be to check the item as written, check its content
against its history in the archives, and possibly generate more detailed
Use Case stuff (see next).

The AIs should be assigned tomorrow, due by the end of the
month.  (Including tentative assignments to "regrets".)

The idea:
----------
Comparing it to the 2.0 requirements document [2], we already have
considerably more detail.  And [2] was considered adequate as a foundation
document to start 2.0 work and to launch a W3C WG.

I sort of like the conciseness.  But I also like use cases to back up the
requirement.  There are some briefly stated in the current text.  If we
want more, how about the possibility of putting them in a separate
document, cross linked with the Rqts Doc, leaving the Rqts. Doc concise and
quickly readable?

-Lofton.

[2] http://www.cgmopen.org/technical/WebCGM_20_Requirements.html