Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Feedback on transform proposal

[...I see another message from Ulrich that I haven't had a chance to read
yet, but the question is still valid in any case ... time to start issue
tracking?...]

All --

Benoit's below message, plus Ulrich's original message with the
transform_draft.doc, plus Benoit's first reply to that ... together they
contain several specific questions/issues about the specific design of the
transform interface.

It is not necessary to answer the specific design questions for the Rqts
Doc -- we already have majority TC endorsement of the requirement in some
form.  But we need to start capturing and refining issues.

Recall how we did this before:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200509/msg00123.html

This forces it onto the telecon agenda until we answer it.

It might be time to start to do the same now -- isolate specific issues and
deal with them.  The "isolate...specific" is important.  It is hard to
resolve an issue like, "What should APS transforms look like?".  It is
easier to answer things that are yes/no, or small-number multiple choice,
such as:  "Issue:  Should APS transforms be edible?"

I guess I had the role of Issues Editor back then, but anyone can start one
like in the above example, and thereby force it onto the agenda so that it
won't be lost.  Put it in the Subject of an email:  "Issue:  Should
transforms be edible?".  In the body:  state the issue; discuss the
options; make a preliminary recommendation -- how you think it should be
resolved.

-Lofton.