Subject: ISSUE: packaging of the font interchange/mapping

This is a peripheral issue on the font mapping "file".

ISSUE:  How is the font mapping information packaged?

DISCUSSION:  It has been resolved [1] that it should be in XML format.  [1]
discusses it as a "file".  Is it in a separate standalone file?  Or will it
be a new defined subsection of the current XCF format, e.g., a "<prelude>"
element or some such?   If it is a separate standalone file, then we
potentially have (at least) two separate XML-based companion files
associated with each CGM instance.

1.) separate stand-alone file;
2.) subsection within the XCF file;
3.) other

RECOMMENDATION:  #2, define it as a new subsection within the XCF -- within
a new 'header' or 'prelude' or <whatever> element.

-Lofton.