Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: more DOM/XCF style properties

At 05:09 PM 1/19/2008 -0500, Weidenbrueck, Dieter wrote:
>Lofton,
>
>I see, but I am not sure that your way is actually simpler, because you
>can do:
>
>getObjectExtents;
>zoomRect (extents*2)
>
>without navigation to the object.

Yes, good point.

(Btw, isn't this really a navigation of sorts?
getObjectExtents(xyz);
zoomRect (extents/2)
)

>zoom(2x) would limit this functionality to zooming to a particular
>object only, so it would not cover
>- zooming to several objects at the same time
>- zooming to a specific area of interest, possibly without any grobjects
>in it
>
>In addition, the zoom factor in combination with a navigation is a bit
>tricky. Depending on the size of the object this may result in something
>desirable or not. But that may be the case with any zoom operation, of
>course.

Unless someone else wants an optional variant (like "2x"), I'm satisfied
with just zoomRect(), which actually satisfies the pan and zoom
requirements together in one function, as you noted earlier.

-Lofton.