Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: priority of navigation, pan, and zoom interactions

At 03:52 PM 2/1/2008 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>Proposal:
>The order of priority for navigation, pan, and zoom are:
>1) Viewer
>2) JavaScript DOM transactions
>3) XCF transactions
>
>If there is not futher discussion, this issue will be closed at the next
>telecon.

I think this is incomplete, and not ready for closure.

In particular... what does it mean to list those things in priority order,
#1, #2, #3.

Scenario 1:  A.) a script executes the DOM panZoom Style Property method;
B.) then the user changes the view with viewer's pan/zoom controls.  Result
-- the user action prevails.

Scenario 2:  B.) a script executes a DOM panZoom Style Property method; B.)
then the user changes the view with viewer's pan/zoom controls; C.) then
the script (possibly after some interaction with the user) executes another
panZoom SP method.  Question:  does the above ranking of #1 priority for
viewer controls and #2 ranking for DOM transactions mean that step B
overrules step C, even though the latter occurs later?  I don't think
so.  I think step C prevails.