Subject: AW: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: priority of navigation, pan, and zoom interactions

Lofton,

I don't think that "simultaneous" is really possible, so we are in agreement.

Dieter
Send from my BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
To: Weidenbrueck, Dieter; CGM Open WebCGM TC <cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Mon Feb 04 10:28:53 2008

At 12:00 PM 2/3/2008 -0500, Weidenbrueck, Dieter wrote:

>I think that a priority would only be needed for situations where two
>distinct ways of navigation are executed at the same time, which will
>rarely be the case.

Correct.  In fact, as far as viewer software is concerned ... is there
*ever* a simultaneous action?  One will always be ahead of the other in the
event queue, it seems to me (but on the other hand, I don't write event
handling software).

>Otherwise, simply the last action prevails.

Right, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Furthermore, it seems to me that there is always a "last action" -- I'm not
sure "same time" is possible.

>This is consistent with the
>behavior we have:
>- a navigation to a grobject is executed and moves to a certain view
>context or destination rectangle
>- the user subsequently starts panning
>Of course, the result of the panning is what the user wants to see, not
>the result of the previous navigation.

Agreed.

-Lofton.