Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] getAppStructureExtent() was getObjectExtent()

That's better. I think the only thing missing is the fact that
transforms do affect the extent.

Some suggestions, rename the API from getAppStructureExtent() to
getExtent(). It's already on the AppStructure interface, so we don't
need the interface name in the API (imo).

About applicability on 'grnode'... I was going to say "it should be like
everything else", then I started to investigate what "everything else"
is, and it's unclear.

In section 5.3 we say: 'grnode' elements are not accessible via DOM
calls. But it seems like that's it. getAppStructureById doesn't say
anything (and 'grnode's have an Id).  What about normal tree traversal:
nextSibling, childNode etc... does it access 'grnode'. It seems like we
should more clear about it (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong section).

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Galt, Stuart A [mailto:stuart.a.galt@boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 3:04 PM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

Based on what I thought that I heard on the telecon today here is
another cut that hopefully addresses the issue of what is and isn't
included in the
calculation:

Markups for getAppStructureExtent ()

Chapter 1 - no changes
Chapter 2 - no changes
Chapter 3 - no changes
Chapter 4 - no changes

In 5.7.6 add to the IDL list

WebCGMString             getAppStructureExtent();

Add to the method descriptions:

getAppStructureExtent()
		Retrieves the bounding box rectangle of the graphic
elements within an APS.  The bounding box calculation is based on the
geometry of the conceptual primitive and is not affected by APS style
attributes or CGM attribute or control elements.  The rectangle is
defined the two opposite corner points expressed in NVDC after the
application of the current transformation matrix.
		Parameters
		None
		Return Value
WebCGMString; the bounding rectangle min and max pairs stored in a
string, or the empty string
<http://www.w3.org/TR/webcgm20/WebCGM20-DOM.html>  if the APS contains
no graphical elements.
Exceptions
None

Chapter 6 - no changes
Chapter 7 - no changes
Chapter 8

Add to WebCGMAppStructure object methods:

getAppStructureExtent()
		This method has no parameters.
		This method returns a String

--