Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: grnode

At 04:34 PM 3/10/2008 -0400, Weidenbrueck, Dieter wrote:

I think we need to deal with grnodes during traversal.

I suspect that is true.  We just have to be very clear that visibility in traversal is their *only* DOM presence.

Consider the following (set to CourierNew):

Picture

Layer1-Layer2

grobject1  ---------------- grnodeA
grnodeB - grobject2         grobject4 - grnodeC
grobject3                                grobject5

If you traverse the tree treating the grnodes as normal nodes you have a well defined-tree.
If you disregard the grnode nodes, you will never be able to get to grobject4 or grobject5 with child/sibling traversal.

Yes, it would be unworkable unless one made some strange special rules, e.g., for traversal purposes 5 is a child of 4.  Which is a little too bizarre, I think.

So I won't argue for "completely invisible", unless I think of some other problem that "only-traversal-visible" raises.  (And I don't see such now.)

-Lofton.