Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Font mapping/default style - partly done

I agree.  Order is important.  I do try to specify that the aci fragment is loaded before the cgm.

As far as multiple entries in fragments, SVG introduced the concept of using a ";" to separate fragment entries (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/linking.html#SVGFragmentIdentifiers).

Good discussion for comment processing.

Thx...dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Weidenbrueck, Dieter [mailto:dweidenbrueck@ptc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:55 AM
To: Cruikshank, David W; CGM Open WebCGM TC

Dave,

I have a problem with the #aci(...) fragment.
This means that the whole resource file addition will be pretty much useless when used with WebCGM.

The content of the aci must be loaded BEFORE the cgm is loaded, otherwise the viewer doesn't know what to do early enough. The #fragment is usually executed AFTER the cgm has been loaded.

The #aci and other fragments are mutually exclusive, i.e. you can only have one fragment at a time. This means that the entire mechanism can only be used if no other fragment is present at loadtime, or, the other way round: no fragment can be used if an aci has been specified.

If I remember correctly, especially in the S1000D use cases very often a #xcf is used to set initial visibility and other details. This means that the aci could not be used there.

Suggestion:
make this a viewer feature, not a part of a URI. The rare cases where customers want to catch CGMs that don't have the correct values set does not vary from file to file IMO.

Regards,
Dieter