Subject: re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: font mapping (continued)

dave

Here's my thoughts on font substitution issue.

I think that we need standard (viewer independent way) to do font
substitution in the viewer for all the reasons you have mentioned.

I do think though, that variances in font names like whitespaces,
hyphens and upper/lower case will cause a matching problem as Benoit
suggested, e.g.

Courier-BoldOblique
Courier BoldOblique
CourierBoldOblique

My thinking is that we need to further specify that when the
viewer is trying to match fonts in CGM for substitution, it
should ignore whitespace, hyphens, and convert to lower
case in the font names.

We do this now in our font substitution algorithm and it has
worked well for us.

Regards,
Don