Subject: ISSUE: the method name 'setViewPort'

Hi all --

This is not a big technical issue, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the
calling the pan-zoom rectangle "viewport".  Reasons:

1.) That is the name of a <param> element (sub-element of the <object>
element) that is being deprecated.  Although it has the same meaning as
described for 'viewport' <param>, I think that description is
less-than-ideal because...

2.) From my past work in ISO graphics standards, "viewport" typically
refers to something in *device* (display) coordinate space, which is the
mapping target of a window in user space (the latter being VDC or NVDC, in
our case).

3.) Altho' I find it slightly unclear in some places, SVG seems to use
"viewport" in approximately that (#2) way -- it refers to a target mapping
rectangle in device/media space.  The closest SVG thing to our pan-zoom
rectangle seems to be SVG's viewBox attribute.  See [1], especially
sections 7.1, 7.2 and 7.7.

Suggestion:  how about just setPanZoom?  (Alternative:  mimic SVG exactly
and call it setViewBox.)

Thoughts?

-Lofton.