Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS - due May 14

Dave,

That tkdiff tool is pretty nice.  I use another Windows diff tool called
WinMerge which is pretty nice also.

http://winmerge.org/

Both tkdiff and WinMerge flag the text that actually changed in a different
color than the one that is used to flag a line of changed text.  That is a
nice feature.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Cruikshank, David W [mailto:david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 5:02 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS - due May 14

Those in blue volunteered earlier.  Here are the arbitrary assignments

The proposed breakdown of review assignments is:
chapter 1,2  Intro and Concepts (37 pp.) - Rob
chapter 3   Intelligent Content (36 pp.) - Ben & Forrest
chapter 4  XCF (16 pp.) - Franck
chapter 5  DOM (40 pp.) - Dieter & Franck
chapter 6  Profile (65 pp.) - Don
chapter 7  Conformance (6 pp.) - Andrew
chapter 8  ECMAScript (6 pp.) - Ulrich
chapter 9  Configuragle items (new chapter) <- assign 2 people  (11 pp.)
- Stuart & Lofton
appendix B,D,E,F (9 pp.) - all review

Dave will be doing an overall editorial review of the whole
specification.

During the review the following 4 areas should be considered:
1.) Check 2.1 changes as outlined in the Appendix;
2.) Compare text against 2.0 for unintended changes;
3.) Be thorough enough to spot any lurking issues.
4.) Editorials

Don't wait until the end to report issues...Open up an email to the TC
with "ISSUES: some subject" so we can track them.

I was doing some text diffs on the html files (in text mode).  I found a
SourceForge application called tkdiff that has a windows version.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdiff/  It's pretty easy to use  and
easy to compare html text instances as long as you go into View->ignore
whitespace after the comparison panes come up and don't mind looking at
raw html.  I think tkdiff is a graphical interface built on the old unix
diff stuff.

There's also a site that compares html diffing S/W:
http://rm-and-jo.laughingsquid.org/Text/Guide-To-Differs.html

Thx...Dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com