Subject: Proposal for getObjectExtent with no graphical primitives.

From the minutes:
Question: How do we handle a getObjectExtent call to an APS that has no
graphical primitives?
Add an exception to the exception list? Should we consider another
approach?
JavaScript has a concept of undefined? This may be the right approach.
Dave and
Stuart will look at the options: 1) throw an exception, 2) add a 5th
parameter to include a
result, or 3) invent something invalid for the 4 floats.

I would propose that we return the rectangle such that it is not
expressed as lower
left followed by the upper right point.  Then if the script author was
worried
about the potential for objects with no graphical primitives they could
simply
take the results x0, y0, x1, y1 and check if x1 < x0

Stuart.

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group