Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] LAST CALL: Rqmts: font substitution; V3-defaults

A reminder of the wording used in the requirements document:

For font mapping:
"Font mapping would mitigate the problem for relatively little (new)
implementation effort.

Resolution: 2.1 should standardize a way to specify font mapping."

For default styling properties:
"Resolution: 2.1 should standardize a way of specifying defaults, e.g.,
something like a preferences file."

Just wanted to remind everyone what we signed up for.

Benoit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cruikshank, David W [mailto:david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:11 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC

As Lofton pointed out in his email [1], it's time to stop wavering on
requirements.  The font substitution and v3-default requirements were
approved in telecons and vendor commitment was made.
[1]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200805/msg00001.html

Before we put fiinal work into the implementation details, we need to
agree not to reverse those decisions.  In Lofton's other email [2], he
identifies 5 issues that will need to be addressed.
[2]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200805/msg00029.html

The represents a last call for two of those issues:
Issue ACI-1:  Should viewer-side font substitution syntax be
standardized?
Issue ACI-2:  Should viewer-side defaultStuff be standardized?
We can't address the others untill we address these.  At that time we
can move ahead.

This last call closes on Monday, May 12.  Silence implies that you
approve the requirements.

Dave Cruikshank

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange Boeing Commercial
Airplane 206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734 david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com