Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] What to do with WebCGMMatrix

Benoit,

I think it is needed. If you request the current transform of an object you have no idea what it might be, and very easily it may be a complex matrix resulting from multiple transforms (in fact, this should be the default case for even a simple rotation).
So if you want to concatenate transforms (e.g. a rotation) and be able to restore the result before the concatenation, you can only use a matrix IMO.

Regards,
Dieter

From: Bezaire, Benoit [mailto:bbezaire@ptc.com]
Sent: Montag, 9. Juni 2008 13:58
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] What to do with WebCGMMatrix

Hi All,

I honestly don't know if we need WebCGMMatrix. The methods (translate, rotate, scale, matrix) may not the "prettiest" from a coding stand-point, but I think they get the job done.

Personally, I think very few users will use matrix() and getTransform(), so I don't know if it justifies a new WebCGMMatrix interface.

I think it makes more sense to add a WebCGMRect interface than a WebCGMMatrix interface.

Thoughts on this?

If many of you want WebCGMMatrix in, I can add it; but I get the impression I'm alone on this one.

Benoit.