Subject: Test suite activities

I was to send out a reminder for preliminary designs of new WebCGM 2.1
tests that can be reviewed on July 9.

We would like to have an initial, brief test design for each of the
following.  Please prepare something for the next telecon on July 9.

Substring hotspots - Dave/Stuart
		Test for support for closing and opening APS in Text
Open State
		Test for link activation on a substring
		Test for screentip on a substring
		Test initial and final substrings (note requires null
strings)
		Test substring as a target of a link
		Test getApsExtent for a substring

DOM/XCF style properties - Forrest/Benoit
		7 new style properties
		Need a test that covers each of these for APS and
picture
		Packaged in either 2 or 3 tests.  Something like fill
offset in a test by itself in case we have to remove it.
		All seven in 1 file or seven files?  Forrest will
determine how to package.

		getStyleProperty test - Forrest
		setView test - Benoit
		line animation test - Forrest

Geometric transformation - Benoit/Ulrich
		Tests for scale method, rotate method, translate method,
and transform at APS.
		Test for both combine and replace
		A couple of nested transforms.to check ctm
		getTransform test and getCtm test
		animation test

Font mapping (aci file) - Dave/Stuart
		Test for defaultFont element
		Test a cgm file with an "unsupported" font (w/font
properties) and use a mapping file to map to something unique and
recognizable
		Test unconditional font mapping
		Test multiple font mapping options (Airbus' list)

Default attributes (aci) - Don
		Probably need a static test for line/edge type cont
before we put a test in here
		Probably need a static test for anything that we don't
already have - hatch style, restricted text type, line/edge type
continuation (dave?)

z-compression - Don
		1 test of a compressed cgm file

Get object extents - Stuart
		Test getObjectExtent
		Test getObjectExtent on a transformed object
		Test getObjectExtent on an APS with no primitives
		Test getObjectExtent on an APS containing text.

Redraw control - Ulrich
		Put it on "postpone", do a bunch of style properties,
and turn it to "now", then turn it back to "postpone"

Rob will compare the current static tests with the profile requirements
to make sure everything is covered in the tests.

Thx...Dave
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com