Subject: Initial draft of test suite reviewer instructions.

Hi all,

Lofton and I had a discussion last Friday about what should be included in the test suite reviewer's guidelines. He also sent me a "Test Builder's Manual" which he wrote for the W3C SVG WG, and I've liberally plagiarized from that. Based on those things, I've written and attached an initial draft of test suite reviewer guidelines for WebCGM. My editorial comments and questions are highlighted with a yellow background.

Comments and criticisms are welcomed.

Rob

Title: Instructions for WebCGM 2.1 test suite reviewers.

WebCGM 2.1 Conformance Test Suite
Guidelines for Reviewers

Revision: 0.90 beta

Date: October 7, 2008

Author: Robert Orosz

Preface

This document provides instructions to reviewers of new tests submitted to the WebCGM 2.1 test suite. A careful, thoughtful review is essential to the quality of the test suite and therefore to the WebCGM 2.1 specification itself. The purpose of this document is to describe the necessary items to consider when doing a review.

Test Review Guidelines

Overall Topic(Chapter) Content

Consider a chapter and its associated test cases, and consider:

Individual Test Content

Look at an individual test case and assess the following: