Subject: style probery

All,

Clarification:

All a WebCGM viewer would be required would be to support the set/get the “state” style property it would require no graphical effect from the WebCGM viewer.

An application that uses a WebCGM viewer could use this style property in response to a mouse over event to display information about a grobject such as voltage or to display a part number

We could easily use JS variables to accomplish the same thing, but to me the code is simpler and more understandable if in response to a mouse over event the application can get the “state” style property using the ID returned in the mouse over function. If JS variables were used there would need to be a unique event handler for each grobject or a long if, if else, function to match the ID with the appropriate JS variable.

The get/set AttributeNS could be used, but I do not completely understand the implications of this function. Are all compliant viewers required to support anyone’s name space? We have not implemented this function in our viewer and I don’t see any tests for this in the test suite.

If no one else sees any value in this other than SDI, I will be happy to withdraw the request.

Regards,

Forrest