Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Scale test

Although we don't have this implemented yet, I tend to agree with results provided by Forrest. Scale( 0.5, 2 ) scales about the origin, not about the center of the APS (as shown in the reference images).

We could create a new CGM with the object centered at (0,0) for Test Suite purposes, but we should also keep this one. It's unrealistic to assume that any object to be transformed will be centered at (0,0).

Benoit.

From: Forrest Carpenter [mailto:forrest@sdicgm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:53 PM
To: 'WebCGM'
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Scale test

All,

We believe the reference images for scale test are not correct. The elements are approximately centered at 0 in the x direction, but in the y direction the elements are centered around 5000. When a scale up in the y is applied the object should be shifted up when scaled and when a scale down in y is applied the object should shift down.

I recommend changing the reference CGM file such that the object is centered at (0,0)

The first image below is the result of x scale = .5 and the y scale = 2 in our implementation.

The second image below is the result of x scale = 2 and y scale = .5 in our implementation.

Regards

Forrest

VDC extent (-5717,3061) (9372,14736)