Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] alpha Escape review

At 10:15 AM 12/19/2008 -0800, Galt, Stuart A wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Review of the alphaEscape test
>
>-The test matrix calls out the test as "alpha" and the files are
>"alphaEscape"

Easiest solution:  I changed the matrix.

Forrest:  as test owner, do you agree?

(All:  any comments?)

>-The test includes a CGM file and a PNG file but does not have a html
>comparison frame like the static 2.0 tests have.

I think having an HTML presentation file (harness) is a good principle.

Forrest, all:  is there any reason that we should not have it for this test?

(If 'agreed', then ... Forrest, will you please take care of that detail?)

>-The design of the test is good.  It is easy to tell if the test is
>passed or failed.
>I also looked at the structure of the CGM and it looks like is correct.
>
>I think that if the test had the text block at the bottom and maybe a
>label or two at the opaque and transparent ends.  I would also prefer to
>update the name on the test matrix to alphaEscape agree with the file
>names but could go either way.

That sounds like a good suggestion -- it would make the test more
self-documenting, right?

Forrest, do you agree, and would you please update the test if so?

Thanks,