Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] How does interior-style work?

Since you used the words 'opinion' and 'guess'... the working group will have to work on better defining this.

I think the specification should describe the relationship between interior-style and other relevant style properties.

Benoit.

From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 10:24 AM
To: Bezaire, Benoit; WebCGM

My opinions...

At 10:13 AM 1/9/2009 -0500, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:

I'm slightly confused with interior-style, more specifically the dependency that other style properties have on interior-style.

Let's say a WebCGM metafile contains an APS (polygon filled with red color). A script writer wishes to change the fill to a pattern, how does he do that?

He needs to change the interior-style and the pattern-index, right? Does the order matter?

My guess:  order would not matter as long as *both* changes happened before the display update (i.e., you might want to delay updates till you set both).  If not, then given the modal nature of CGM attributes, I would:  set pattern index; change interior style to pattern.

Another question is if fill-color only has an impact if interior-style is set to solid?

Fill color also defines the drawn border when interior style is 'hollow' (as distinct from the edge, which has its own attributes).