Subject: scale transform

All,

If it not too late, I think we need to add a point in NVDCs to the scale function. In a use case, you might want to enlarge an APS around a point to show more detail while leaving other parts of the drawing unchanged. The simplest method to do this in VDCs is to do a translate such that the point is at (0,0), do the scale transform and then a translate that would move the point back to it’s original position. Using NVDCs, you cannot do this unless you have a method of translating the (0,0) in VDCs to NVDCs.  Currently there is no DOM function that would enable a user to compute the location in NVDCs of the (0,0) point in the CGM. To fix this we could add a point to the scale function or add functions that would return the location of (0,0) in NVDCs.

Regards,

Forrest