Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Transparent Cell Color Updated

Hi Stuart,

The value of the MSP parameter in the Tile element depends on the Colour
Model used in the JPEG data stream.  Typically, this is YCbCr for JPEG
compressed color images.

So, the first member of the SDR would be:

11 1 5 (RGB-related)

The second member of the SDR would then be:

11 1 0 (YCbCr)

I haven't looked at your JPEG data stream in great detail, but it appears to
have APPn markers in it.  The viewers that you are using are probably
looking at those to determine the Colour Model.  Or else, they may just be
assuming that the Colour Model is YCbCr without any checking of the data
stream.

In any event it is not good practice to rely on any APPn markers in the data
to determine the Colour Model because the ISO Register does not require them
to be present.

Regards,

Rob