Subject: re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] lineEdgeTypeDef xml coding

Lofton,

comments below-

 >  Don,

 >  Here is the operative DTD snippet:

 >  <!ELEMENT webcgmConfig ( fontMap?, defaultAttributes? ) >
 >  <!ELEMENT defaultAttributes ( lineCap | edgeCap | lineJoin | edgeJoin
 >  | lineTypeCont | edgeTypeCont | mitreLimit
 >  | restrTextType | lineEdgeTypeDef |
 >  hatchStyleDef )+ >

 >  That means the ACI can have 0, 1, or *more* of any of the things in parens,
 >  like lineCap and lineEdgeTypeDef.  As far as I can see, there is nothing in
 >  the ACI chapter to further restrict.

 >  I think that is okay.  If we have a rule like "last one wins", then that
 >  would tell a viewer what to do with multiple occurrences of lineCap in the
 >  ACI file.  For lineEdgeTypeDef, it would only be multiple occurrences if it
 >  were defining the same line type index, in which case again, "last one
 >  wins".

 >  Does anyone see a problem with that?

 >  If it's okay, then we can disambiguate with a single sentence (or two) in
 >  the chapter.

That should suffice.

I will also try to use multiple lineEdgeTypeDef in one of my ACI tests.

Did you see my question at end of my last email regarding negative lineIndex?

  [ Another question related to lineEdgeTypeDef, is a negative lineIndex valid
  in ACI lineEdgeTypeDef?  I re-call that we debated wheter or not we wanted
  to do this is our last f2f, but just wanted to make sure. As the spec is
  now, negative lineIndex is NOT valid.]

Don.