Subject: Re: AW: [cgmo-webcgm] non-existent ACI font substition issue

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-Config.html#ACI-deffont

Here it says:

***** begin quote *****
>The defaultFont element specifies, via its useFont attribute, a string
>defining the font to be used when a requested mapping cannot be accomplished.
>
><!ELEMENT defaultFont EMPTY >
><!ATTLIST defaultFont
>           useFont CDATA #REQUIRED >
>
>Attribute definitions:
>useFont="CDATA"
>The default font to use when the specified font mapping cannot be
>accomplished. If the font(s) of mapList (substitutionList) are not
>available, and if defaultFont (useFont) is not available, then the fontMap
>element has no effect, and any viewer fallback action is viewer dependent.
>The syntax and normalization rules of useFont are the same as those of the
>substitutionList attribute, except that useFont shall have exactly one
>font-family name or generic name in its list.
***** end quote *****

Perhaps I'm misreading this, but it seems to say that: defaultFont
(useFont) shall be used if none of the fonts in mapList (substitutionList)
are available; and, if defaultFont (useFont) is not available, then the
fontMap shall have no effect, etc.

That seems to exactly answer Don's question.

Am I misreading?

Or maybe is that specification unsatisfactory and change is desired?