Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] getObjectExtent for text

Forrest, All --

Good question.  If you look at p.441 of CGM:1999...

1.) capheight agrees (718)
2.) there are chars with diacritical marks, like A-umlaut.

Therefore #2 implies that Top > Cap.

Does anyone have the answer, what is (and where-to-find) the Top value for
Helvetica (and the other 12 standard fonts)?

Forrest, what is the difference if you use the Helvetica 'ymax'
value?  I.e., what does the gOE text expect and what is the ymax-based result?

-Lofton.

p.s. I forgot to include this link earlier:
[1]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-DOM.html#getObjectExtent