Subject: getObjectExtents for text

All

I have attached an xls sheet showing the font metrics obtained from AFM files at the Adobe web site below.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/font/#pcfi

These are identical to the metrics Microcosm provides. I suggest we add this table to the profile or reverence the web site that the information can be downloaded. Using these metrics for Stuart’s test case the result would be (75, 72.2, 225, 112.4)

            80 – (225/718)*25 = 72.2

            80 + (931/718)*25 = 112.4

Where 80 is the y-start of the text and 25 is the cap height of the text in mm.

Regards,

Forrest

fontMetrics.xls