Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Fwd: proposed changes to ACI chapter

Lofton,

I agree with the proposed changes.

I don't have any strong preference regarding "The default value ..."
statements after the DTD snippets in question.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 12:17 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC

Hi TC --

Attention/Action non-WG members:  Forrest, Rob, Ulrich, Franck

If you have been following the progress in the WG, you will know that it is
planning to start 2nd LCWD review around 04 June.  You will also have noted
that Dave got an action item, with a small task-team, to triple/quadruple
check Ch.9 (ACI) and its DTD.

The good news is that it is now solid, as far as 4 sets of critical eyes
can determine.  However, during the review a somewhat useless and "silly"
construct was noted.  Dave and his team are unanimous that it should be
changed now before 2nd LCWD.  It is an easy change, and does not affect the
test suite.

The WG has quickly assembled (via email) its unanimous approval for making
the change:
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009May/0009.html

As the Process works now, that is actually all that is required to
implement it and start the 2nd LCWD review.  However, the work eventually
comes back to the TC, as we all know.  Therefore I want to know now if
there is any objection to the change within the TC.  I don't expect there
will be, but if there is, then I will carry any critical comments to the WG
before the changes are implemented.

ACTION:  Non-WG members please reply:  do you agree with the WG-proposed
changes outlined in [1]?  Or do you disagree, with specific comments
(enumerate them please)?

Thanks,