Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Navigation to an invisible object

Dieter,

After your last message, we polled implementors:

** all 3 implementors who are present do in fact navigate to invisible
objects (via fragment nav keywords);

So they apparently interpreted 2.0 as NOT restricting navigation to
invisible objects.  To make that interpretation now would force changing
three implementations.

** all present agreed that visibility should have priority and highlighting
should be suppressed (whether via object behavior or highlight() method).

We might have written this better during 2.0 development 3 years ago, but
the text has been interpreted by most implementors as:  nav-to-invisible
okay, and nav keywords okay; but DO NOT highlight, regardless of the source
of the highlight request.

What next?

-- We can discuss the resolution some more, but there is unanimity on the
TC telecon now.
-- We can leave the spec as is.  Or we can add minimal clarification of the
above, which is how the 3 present implementations do it.

Further thoughts?

-Lofton.