Subject: <object> interoperability issue

Implementors (et al) --

Stuart volunteered when I asked for a straightforward test case of <object
data=>/<param>:  "Volunteer? (To turn it into a simple, minimal complete
test case of the 3.4 Example?)"

I decided to modify his test to make the simplest possible <object> test
case:  one <object> element referencing a CGM, and no <param>.  See attached.

Results:  I tried 3 viewers (don't have access to Ulrich's right now).

PTC's very old Beta 6 passed.  The other two did not.

Don, Forrest (, Ulrich) -- could you look into it please?  This is a most
basic test of referencing a CGM into an HTML document.  It really should
work, regardless of whether the viewer is capable of more advanced
configurations (like loading via DOM), and regardless of whether IE
sometimes has issues with <param> child elements.

simpleObjectTest.cgm

Title: mySimple Test

This test simply uses <object> tag and the data attribute to load a CGM. The <object> element immediately follows this paragraph:

The <object> element immediately precedes this paragraph.