Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] <object> interoperability issue

Here is my sample attached.

You will notice that 'data' is used, but there are no <PARAM>s. Yet the
problem exist since a typical windows application will query for the
PARAMs using DoPropExchange regardless if they are specified or not.

Benoit

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 1:09 PM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] <object> interoperability issue

Implementors (et al) --

Stuart volunteered when I asked for a straightforward test case of
<object
data=>/<param>:  "Volunteer? (To turn it into a simple, minimal complete
test case of the 3.4 Example?)"

I decided to modify his test to make the simplest possible <object> test
case:  one <object> element referencing a CGM, and no <param>.  See
attached.

Results:  I tried 3 viewers (don't have access to Ulrich's right now).

PTC's very old Beta 6 passed.  The other two did not.

Don, Forrest (, Ulrich) -- could you look into it please?  This is a
most basic test of referencing a CGM into an HTML document.  It really
should work, regardless of whether the viewer is capable of more
advanced configurations (like loading via DOM), and regardless of
whether IE sometimes has issues with <param> child elements.

object_sample.zip