Subject: Example use of DATA with no PARAM

All

I have been able to construct and succesfully execute with our Viewer
a HTML file that uses OBJECT DATA attribute to load a CGM without the
use of PARAM.

In my example, note that I used the HTML onLoad to specify an event
handler wherein I set the visibility of a WebCGM APS prior to the CGM
being displayed.  I believe that this achieves what we had intended to
achieve with a PARAM onload, i.e. allow users to modify WebCGM
APS attributes before the CGM is actually displayed.

I did however have to make some changes in our Viewer code to make
this all work, e.g. ignore PARAMs in the DoPropExchange method. Just to
make sure that my changes didn't introduce any new problems, I ran
though the WebCGM 2.0 test files and they still work.

My example HTML and CGM file are attached.

Regards,
Don Larson
Larson Software Technology
Tel: (713)977.4177 ext. 102
www.cgmlarson.com
Title: grobject, grnode interactivity test

AppStructure-visibility.cgm