Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Groups - webCGM TC Working Session added

I have a conflict and therefore can't make it.

I don't believe we will put any development time on resolving this issue
other than enabling 'src'. All I wanted to point out is that an
important browser does not officially support the HTML syntax shown
here:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/REC/WebCGM21-IC.html#webcgm_3_4

I believe we tried internally to play with Don's suggestion in the
WebCGM 2.0 timeframe. I'm not saying we can't do it (I don't recall what
we concluded at the time), but as I've said before, the implementation
work the better.

Benoit

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:43 PM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

An agendum is to hash out whether there is a TC consensus approach on
the
IE object/param bug, and also decide whether anything about it is
appropriate in the published errata.

DISCUSSION: See archives, such as this sampling:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/201006/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/201006/msg00015.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/201007/msg00002.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/201008/msg00017.html

Especially Don's most recent contribution above, that <param> elements
are
not needed to accomplish the purpose of 'onload'.

I'd like to hear other implementors' views.  Especially since all the
implementors agreed to an off-standard "SRC" param, and at least a
couple
are known to deploy it as a private extension.

-Lofton.