Subject: future goals and direction of CGM Open

All CGM Open Members

In preparation for tomorrow's telecon, here are my thoughts on future of CGM Open and WebCGM.

Goal #1 Sustainment

Now that the WebCGM 2.1 spec is completed and published, CGM Open is sorely needed as a forum
for discussing issues encountered by users trying to use WebCGM applications and other technical
challenges such as interoperability.

Just for historial reference, I've attached the last last discsssion we had on the future of WebCGM.
I found it useful to review things that were discussed at that time but never implemnted in 2.0 or .21.

Goal #2 Outreach and Education.

We need to strive to reach out to users and vendors in the Tech Pubs community seeking
their input and particpation in CGM Open. A good place to start IMO is the S1000D users
since CGM open has been tighlty coupled to that community.

I also think that it would be very benefical to have a CGM Open face to face meeting at the
ATA/S1000D forum in Montreal in June 2011 where we could invite other users and
vendors to particpate.

Regards,
Don Larson
Larson Software Technology
Tel: (713)977.4177 ext. 102
www.cgmlarson.com

>  WebCGM TC telecon has been added by Mr. Stuart Galt
>
>  Date: Tuesday, 22 February 2011
>  Time: 07:30am - 08:30am PT
>
>  Event Description:
>  The passcode for the telecon is: 932246
>
>  Dial in numbers:
>  Canada 888-283-7545 Toll-Free
>  France 0800-91-5040 Toll-Free
>  Germany 0-69-51709628 Caller Paid
>  Germany 0800-180-2521 Toll-Free
>  United Kingdom 0808-234-2702 Toll-Free
>  USA 888-283-7545 Toll-Free
>
>  Agenda:
>
>  Minutes:
>
>  View event details:
>  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/event.php?event_id
>  =30002
>
>  PLEASE NOTE: If the above link does not work for you, your email
>  application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to
>  copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web
>  browser.

20060528_WebCGM_future_thoughts(1).doc