Subject: Ballot to approve submitting WebCG< OASIS Standard submission request to OASIS President opens Monday

Members of the CGM Open WebCGM TC,

The next step in preparing to transfer the work of the TC to the CGM-Open Foundation and close the TC is to formally request the OASIS President to submit WebCGM V2.0 and V2.1 to the Foundation. This procedure is spelled out in the OASIS Liaison Policy document. See specifically https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork

I have drafted a submission request to effect this transfer and loaded it to the TC's document repository. You can inspect this document at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=51506&wg_abbrev=cgmo-webcgm . Please let me know if you have any questions on it.

The process for approving this request is for you to vote in favor of a Special Majority Ballot authorizing it. Once that ballot has passed, OASIS staff will handle the submission of the request.

I have set up the Special Majority Ballot to open on Monday 25 November 2013 and close 10 days later on Wednesday 04 December 2013. If you are one of the three voting members of the TC, please access the ballot at:

Internal link: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/ballot.php?id=2545
Publicly visible link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2545

and vote in favor of the question.

Once the ballot is closed and the submission request sent to the President, I will work with you on the ballot to formally close the Technical Committee.

Note that this submission request only applies to the OASIS Standards. Other work of the TC will be covered under a separate agreement being drafted by Scott.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the ballot or the submission request.

Best regards,

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298