Subject: NN fragment -- bad news?

CGM Open TC Members --  Especially WebCGM plug-in vendors --

I suspect that the assessment of "no problems" with NN 4.73 handling of "#"
fragments may be incorrect.  I began to suspect this, while preparing the
WebCGM-demo for circulation.

I have gone back to the diagnostic DLL which was circulated last fall,
npcgm32.dll, in CGMlinks.zip.  I installed this in place of my regular
WebCGM NN plugin.  The first 4 tests in the WebCGM demo are HTML-to-CGM links:

1. <a href="sample1.cgm"    ...>
2. <a href="sample1.cgm#id(myId1)"   ...>
3. <a href="sample1.cgm#name(myObj2)"    ...>
4. <a href="sample2.cgm# name(myObj,highlight_all)"   ...>

If you start with 1, the alert window displaying the URL comes up.  If you
go to 2, it doesn't.  Nor 3.  Go to 4, and it comes up again.  Go back to
3, it comes up.  Go to 2, nothing.  As long as you go back and forth
between 2 and 3, there is no alert window.  (Odd.  Go back to 1, and it
comes up.  In fact, it always comes up with 1, the no-fragment case).

Two possibilities:

A.  NN 4.73 does have the "#" fragment bug;
B.  the diagnostic DLL has a bug.

 From other results which I have during my WebCGM conformance suite work, I
suspect #A.

But it is critical that we answer this definitively as soon as
possible.  If you have access to any NN WebCGM plugin other than the
diagnostic DLL or MetaWeb (both of which I have tried), please try your own
experiments and report your results.

Regards,
Lofton.

Lofton Henderson