Subject: case-insensitive SF

CGM Open Members --

In the teleconference for resolution of WebCGM Second Release issues, we decided that the "case-insensitive" spec for type SF, non-graphical text, T.14.5, was incorrect.  Specifically, it clashes with XML specifications and could make a real mess of attempting to implement a companion-file architecture.

However, it has some impacts that we might not have intended.  For example, the ATA conformance test FNTLST04 contains this font list:

1 >TiMeS_RomAN<
2 >TIMES-italic<
3 >helvetica-oblique<
4 >courier-BOLD<

This would now be invalid.  So the question we need to address is the scope of the correction.  Options:

1. all SF parameters (telcon decision);
2. all SF data in APS and APS attributes are case-sensitive, but elsewhere is case-insensitive.  (Note this leaves BegPic 'id' indeterminant, as it enters into fragment specifications).
3. all SF parameters unless specifically excepted (e.g., could give exception to Font List, etc).

I think #2 is a reasonable combination of minimal impact on legacy CGMs, and achieving what we intended with the correction.

Other thoughts?

-Lofton.