Subject: WebCGM Demo/Tutorial Available

CGM Open Members --

We have put the simple WebCGM demo on the web site.  Below is a draft
public announcement.  Any comments?

Note that the readme file (in the ZIP) suggests asking on the public list,
if they don't have a WebCGM plugin and want one.  This makes me think that
perhaps we ought to list on the Web site (eventually, not necessarily
before this release) all member products (free or otherwise) which do
WebCGM.  Thoughts?

One last comment/caveat:  some of the available plugins don't do all of the
tests correctly.  Some run afoul of the "#" fragment problem, and some are
just incomplete or have bugs.  Any comments on the advisability of putting
up a demo that no one passes?  Should we first add, at least, a caveat
about the "#" fragment problem (unsolved in Netscape, solvable with BHO in IE)?

-Lofton.

### draft announcement ###
A simple but interesting demo and tutorial of WebCGM is available on the
CGM Open Web site now.  See the top item on the page:

http://www.cgmopen.org/technical/index.html

As the included "1stReadme.txt" explains, you will need a WebCGM plugin to
execute the demo.