Subject: another WebCGM spec glitch

CGM Open Members (esp vendors) --

Please consider and reply ASAP -- WebCGM 1.0 Second Release is dependent
upon answers.

Now that it is clearly specified that WebCGM SF strings are **case
sensitive**, we have a little cleanup to do.

The content model of section 3.3 disagrees with the individual sections
3.2.1.1 - 3.2.1.4 and sections 3.2.2.1 - 3.2.2.8.  Everything in the
Content Model is lower case, and the sections tend to use "camel
case".  (Both the content model and the sections are normatively referenced
from the PPF, so we need to clean it up.).

Specifically:

CM			Sections
====================
layer			(same)
grobject		(same)
para			(same)
subpara		(same)

region			(same)
viewcontext		ViewContext
linkuri			LinkURI
layername		LayerName
layerdescription	LayerDescription
screentip		ScreenTip
name			(same)
content		(same)

It would be nice to pick a consistent style (like all lower case, or all
camel case).  But more important is:  what has been implemented?  I suspect
that viewer implementations rely on case-insensitive (and if I were an
viewer implementor, I would continue to be forgiving, regardless of what
the spec says).

What about content?  What have people generated so far?  (MetaCheck will
not be forgiving, so we may as well preserve validity of as much content as
possible.)

Please send your votes and comments as soon as possible.

Regards,
-Lofton.

Lofton Henderson
1919 Fourteenth St., #604