Subject: Re: WebCGM preview

At 04:51 PM 5/28/01 +0200, Dieter Weidenbrueck wrote:
>Lofton,
>
>some quick comments:
>
>linking-selectId-BE-05
>The PNG image shows "myObject" selected. However, a URL like
>xxx.cgm#myObject would trigger default object behavior, which is
>view_context and no highlight.

This is not the way I read the standard.  From 3.1.2.3, "Object Selection
Keywords":

### begin excerpt ###
view_context - If a 'ViewContext' attribute exists for the object APS,
display only the rectangular region of the picture defined in the
ViewContext attribute, and highlight the object. If no ViewContext
attribute exists in the object, the highlight behavior shall be
implemented. This is the default behavior.

highlight - highlight the first object selected and ignore the ViewContext
attribute, if present. The resulting view is a full-picture view, not a
zoomed view.

highlight_all - highlight all objects selected. The resulting view is a
full-picture view, not a zoomed view.
### end excerpt ###

First, under view_context, note that behavior defaults to "highlight", if
there is no 'viewcontext' APS attribute on the object.

Next, from 3.2.1.1:

### begin excerpt ###
* If the object contains a view context attribute, the viewer shall "fit"
the view context into the viewer's display rectangle and create a new
display inside this rectangle.
* If the object does not contain a "view context" attribute, but contains a
"region" attribute, the viewer shall move the object into view and indicate
visually that the region is the target of the link. The manner in which the
viewer creates the new display is viewer dependent.
* If the object contains neither a view context nor a region attribute, the
viewer shall move the object into view and indicate visually that the
graphical primitives of the grobject are the target of the link. The manner
in which the viewer creates the new display is viewer dependent. The
resulting view is a full-picture view, not a zoomed view.
### end excerpt ###

The third bullet pertains, as there is neither a 'viewcontext' nor a
'region' APS attribute on the target object.

-Lofton.