Subject: picking question results

CGM Open members --

I had 4 responses to the question about picking a hollow or empty
filled-area object with a visible border or edge.  3 agreed that, "yes", a
mouse click in the interior picks the object.

One wrote:

>We pick only on the border of empty or hollow filled primitives, i.e.
>rectangles,
>polygonal fill areas, circles, closed arcs...
>
>It is actually simpler (programming wise) and faster (computing time) to
>make the whole
>interior hot especially for circles and arcs. I would be interested to
>hear what others
>are doing.  For the sake of consistency in viewers, we may change to conform.

Therefore, I interpret that there is unanimous approval for the "yes"
interpretation.  We will clarify the offending (vague) language which
raised the question.

Regards,
Lofton.