Subject: Re: picking question results

Lofton,

I looked at the standard and at our implementation, but probably I'm missing
something here.

1. Case: Circle with "hollow" fill , fill color is black
We produce from that a circle element that has no fill but an edge contour.
Obviously "hollow" suggests that you can look through the center of the
circle. A click into this "hollow" area does NOT hit the circle in our case,
and I believe it shouldn't.
Example:
Draw another element behind the circle that becomes visible inside the
hollow area of the circle. A click on this element would not hit the circle
but the element behind, thus being consistent with the "hollow" visual
appearance.

2. Case: Circle with "empty" fill but edge
Again we produce a circle that has no fill but an edge contour.
The behavior is identical to the one described above, and all comments
apply.

In both cases if the fill style is set to "solid" and the fill color to
white we will associate a click with this circle. However, this will look
very different visually if another element is behind the circle.

Since everybody is moving so strongly into the opposite direction I assume
that I misunderstand something here?

Dieter