Subject: Re: picking question results

At 03:38 PM 6/1/01 +0200, Dieter Weidenbrueck wrote:
>[...]
>Of course the usage of "non-transparent" is inaccurate and should be
>improved. We might find alpha-transparency anywhere in the file.

What do you suggest?

How about "visible"?  Only problem: is a white filled circle with no edge
"visible" if it is on a white background?  (It *should* be picked.)

How about in place of "non-transparent areas of graphical elements of the
object":  "parts of the object's graphical elements which are drawn or
filled in a color which is not completely transparent".  This would include
all cases except for completely transparent.  Presumably we meant to
exclude that case.

-Lofton.

Lofton Henderson
1919 Fourteenth St., #604