Subject: XML 2001

CGM Open Members --

It is a little over two weeks until the deadline for submissions for talks
at XML 2001, Orlando, 2nd week of December.  The theme this time is
"XML:  What Really Works?"

Please think about a good technical topic, case study, etc, and make a
submission.  We have a string of good Web graphics tracks going at these
conferences.

Myself (for CGMO/WebCGM) and Chris Lilley (for W3C/SVG) are ad-hoc
Web Graphics Track co-chairs again.  This time there isn't an official
graphics track (or any other tracks, for that matter -- new conference
chair, new organization), hence the "ad-hoc co-chairs."  However the
conference chair, Lauren Wood of Softquad, is keen to have a good body of
Web graphics material, and we will help put it together.

You should submit your abstract to the planning committee per the
instructions at:

>http://www.gca.org/attend/2001_conferences/xml_2001/

Myself, Chris, and Lofton are on the review panel, and we'll likely see and
comment on any graphics submissions.

Thanks,

Dave Cruikshank
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane Company
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9878
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com