Subject: [cgmopen-members] Fwd: Re: CGM Interested parties

CGM Open Members --

If you have any suggestions about Mr. Cunningham's quandry, I'd be happy to
hear.  Or, you could contact him directly (I'd also be interested to know
any suggestions, if you don't mind Cc'ing or otherwise informing me).  The
problem, I think, is that Micrografx has not implemented WebCGM (assuming
that his frustration is with WebCGM files, and not just generic CGM instances).

Does anyone know of a WebCGM-to-ActiveCGM (and vice-versa) filter?

-Lofton.

>Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:08:50 -0600
>To: "Scott McGrath" <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
>From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
>Subject: Re: CGM Interested parties
>Bcc: lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
>
>Scott,
>
>Thanks for this.  I'll try to follow up in the next day or so.
>
>Do you see any reason that I shouldn't forward your message to
>cgmopen-members?  Probably get more traffic about workarounds and
>solutions from the active technology vendors and users (I could also
>forward to my contact at Micrografx, who is now being acquired by Corel).
>
>-Lofton.
>

>At 05:27 PM 10/16/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>Lofton,
>>
>>Obviously, you saw the message from Caterpillar, but I have a few
>>other interested parties...
>>
>>Gary Cunningham, Northrop Grumman, 408-735-3822
>>gary_cunningham@mail.northgrum.com
>>I met Gary at the XML One expo 2 weeks ago.  He reports how much
>>he enjoys CGM, but he is frustrated, because he believes his
>>micrografx viewers will not open ITEDO files.  He is interested in
>>whatever workarounds you may have and also in joining the cgm
>>community.
>>
>>I am also following up with another lead, XML Cities who is
>>interested in OASIS and CGM., I will copy you on the message.
>>They have a cool tool that converts pdf files to Word docs etc,
>>but they need CGM for vector files.  I will get the intro out
>>tonight and let you follow-up.
>>
>>Stay in touch...
>>
>>Scott McGrath
>>Member Services Manager