Subject: [cgmopen-members] Barcelona

CGM Open Members --

Although Friday was nominally the deadline for XML 2002 Europe (May,
Barcelona), I suspect that proposals would be accepted for the next couple
of weeks.

What do people think?  Who might be interested to participate in a paper,
interop demo, or tutorial?

By the way, I think our program stuff went well at Orlando.

1.) Tutorial -- a dozen participants, very interactive, all stayed on for a
full 45 minutes afterwards for a general "bull session", talking about
practical matters.

2.) Vendor Demo -- it went smoothly and showed well, I think.

3.) WebCGM & SVG compared -- Chris and I did the usual.  Pretty good
attendance.  Pointed questions, "do we really need both" and "how to
chose"?  [This tells me that more "business case" papers are needed.]

Unfortunately, Martin and Jeremiah had to cancel their attendance and so
their excellent business-case paper was omitted.

Again, who is interested to participate at Barcelona?

Regards,
-Lofton.