Subject: [cgmopen-members] WebCGM editorial error

CGM Open members,

I have found a big editorial bug in WebCGM 2nd Release.  Look at 3.1.2.4,
and look at the bullet list in 3.2.1.1 (see reference [1]).  They directly
contradict each other now.  Recall we had a big issue about this, and even
had a special teleconference.  As I recall, after considerable disagreement
and discussion, we finally settled for what is described in 3.1.2.4 (for
object behaviors other than view_context).

The contradictory specifications (i.e., the bullet list) in 3.1.2.4 should
have been deleted, but by editorial mistake, they were not (my fault).

I can generate an erratum -- there is an errata page linked from the Status
section [2].

Before I do, I'd like to hear from the implementers, whether it causes any
troubles.  Note that the WebCGM test suite was correctly implemented per
our decision, so it is just a problem in the text now.

Regards,
-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/REC-03-CGM-IC.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/#Status