Subject: [cgmopen-members] Fwd: Prototype: CGM - XML Binding NIST Test Suite...

CGM Open members --

With their permission, I am forwarding to you some prototype work by our Navy colleagues, on an XML markup for CGM.  This has been a topic of interest within the CGMO technical program, but lately seems to have been "in hibernation".

In email dialog, Harry framed this work thusly:  "We desperately need an XML representation for CGM.  The CGM DOM would also be key but not as pressing."

I will forward additional messages from this thread.

The original message had 4 attachments which totalled about 5M.  Rather than send these as email attachments, I have put them all into a single zip file, which you will find at:

http://www.cgmopen.org/technical/navy-xml-markup.zip

Regards,
-Lofton.

From: "Junod L J (John) II CRBE" <JunodLJ@nswccd.navy.mil>
To: Whittaker Harry W CRBE <WhittakerHW@nswccd.navy.mil>
Cc: "'lofton@rockynet.com'" <lofton@rockynet.com>,
        Gignac Donald A CRBE <GignacDA@nswccd.navy.mil>
Subject: Prototype: CGM - XML Binding NIST Test Suite...
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:18:53 -0500

Harry,

Please find attached the DTD and the zip files for the dynamic and static XML versions of CGMOpen/NIST test suite corresponding to the DTD.

***This is prototype work - much work needs to be done with elements in CGM that don't seem to have a place in the tree of the DTD (see junk.tre which is an ascii file)

However, it does show how CGM can be marked up in XML - similarly to SVG.

It doesn't contain the CHRSET tests as these require XML Character Entities and I simply don't have the time to fix those.

**No guarantee of parsability or suitability for anything.

I don't have time at this moment to pursue this furthe- so it is provided AS IS.

Regards,

John

John Junod

junodLJ@nswccd.navy.mil