cgmopen-ms message

Subject: FW: [chairs] [Fwd: New requirements on Individual Members]

CGM Open MS members --

** ATTN -- CGMO Member Section Business **

The proposed IPR changes for OASIS will affect some of our CGMO MS members
-- please read the forwarded message below, including item 3.6 from the FAQ.

We have three Individual Members:  Gabriella, Bruce, and me.  Gabriella
probably is affected, and I am affected.  (My CGMO Program Director
contract with OASIS is conventional "work for hire" and therefore OASIS
owns any IP on my work as PD!).  In other words, Gabriella and I will no
longer be CGMO members if that particular proposed IPR rule is implemented.

We (the CGMO Steering Committee) think that CGMO MS ought to take a
position (we recommend "unanimously opposed").  We will communicate the
CGMO MS position as a collective comment. And we also encourage each member
to individually communicate his/her position directly.

Dave has agreed to give us a few minutes at the start of the Wednesday (11
Aug) TC telecon.  It shouldn't take long.  Since this is MS business, then
technically speaking this would be a short, ad-hoc MS meeting.

If you won't attend the Wednesday TC telecon, please let us (or at least
me) know your position by email.

Regards,
Lofton.
(for CGM Open Steering Committee)